“List”, my favorite word. I don’t know what it is, but I just love lists. Daily lists, longterm lists, grocery lists, lists when I workout, and the list goes on, lol. Hah, I crack myself up. Okay, so anyway, a long time ago I made this “LIFE LIST”. I was inspired to do so, by a very dear friend of mine. One day she showed me this list she made of all the things she wanted to accomplish in her lifetime. I was so excited about the idea, and right away began making one of my own. A few things I have on that list, have yet to be accomplished, but they are still in the back of my mind. I know that it will all come in time. It is easy to get lazy about life too, not taking action, and expecting that accomplishing your goals will happen eventually, pretty much means they will never happen. Sometimes I get to this point where I think to myself…what am I really accomplishing? Am I serving my purpose here, or am I just letting each day pass me by. As a mom, I know there is little time to do anything more than caring for the children and keeping house. Like developing talents, and achieving personal goals. I’m constantly trying to figure out how I can balance it all. Is there an answer? Is there that perfect schedule that allows you to fit everything into one day without being completely exhausted? I think not. Among, all the diaper changing, the feeding, the never ending laundry and dishes. Let’s not forget, finding time to exercise, making healthy meals for the family, keeping the house clean and organized. Teaching our children good behavior, and spending quality time with them. And then of course, having enough energy at the end of the day to spend some time with the hubby. Like I said, balance is the key. I’ve learned that I CAN’T fit everything into one day, but perhaps, can fit it into one week, or one month. I’ve come to accept that, which has been hard, but have found that there’s no hurry. I’m not in a race, there are no deadlines or time limits. I’m trying to slow down a bit, and not forget to cherish the little things, and the precious moments I have with my husband and children.
Some of things I have on my life list, include;
* Find the man of my dreams ( I can go ahead and check that one off my list, found him, and he’s even better than in my dreams. I’m so lucky to have him.)
* Have children
* Have a body of steel (well, it’s not steel, but I’m pretty happy with it, I plan to go into more detail on what I did to lose 25 lbs, and go from a size 10 to a 5, and what I continue to do in order to maintain it)
* Learn to play the violin, piano and guitar ( I know it seems unrealistic, but that’s why it’s a “Life List”, we have a lifetime to accomplish them)
* Learn 3 languages, German, Spanish, and French ( one down, two to go. Thanks to my mission, I can now speak fluent German)
* Own my own horse ( I love horses, and could possibly own one right now, but decided that, a horse may not be in the cards at the moment. I don’t need anymore feeding, grooming, and cleaning up after, in my life lol. Maybe sometime down the road)
* Travel the world (there are so many places I want to see, and cultures I want to learn. )
* I’ve recently become very fond of photography, and videography. So, I plan to learn more about both.
Well, you get the point right? I have many more things on my life list, but thought it would be fun to share a few and hopefully inspire you to make one, if you haven’t already.